Howarine Padset Padding Glue is used for the production of general purpose pads Padset is a thick white PVA adhesive with a reputation for reliability and economy. Over the last 20 years it has been Europe’s biggest selling general purpose adhesive, and continues to be so. For extra fast drying the we recommend Howarine Dryflex which is an extra fast drying adhesive, that when dry, allows the padded spine complete flexibility to fold back on itself. This product overcomes the problems many of our customers have experienced with competitors padding compounds, which crack particularly when atmospheric changes occur. Instructions for use STIR WELL BEFORE USE
- Guillotine trim spine pads, and stack them in Howapress or in a Pyramid Padder under pressure.
- Brush on to spine PADDING ADHESIVE.
- Dries to a transparent film.
- Slice apart between pads with a Howaknife.
- DRYFLEX – fast drying adhesive, flexible when dry. Before guillotining slice apart between pads to prevent re-blocking.
- Use wide brushes for best adhesion, never open pads until following day.
- If sets are required, apply Rioflex, 10 minutes later, brush on Padset or Dryflex.
- Howaknives are flat, thin Teflon coated blades to ensure easy slicing of pads with minimal fibre tear.